Coronavirus Response - Navis Pack & Ship in Raleigh, NC
First and foremost, our highest priority is the safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we serve the public.
Because we provide services that are critical to our customers, Navis Pack & Ship has been designated as an Essential Business that is to stay open during stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders. Navis Pack & Ship has closely monitored the federal, state, and local regulations regarding the Coronavirus. Navis Pack & Ship has used the recommendations and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to educate our staff and customers on the best ways to stay safe and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Coronavirus
- My community is under at stay-at-home order. Will a carrier still deliver?
- Yes. Freight carriers such as YRC, UPS Freight, FedEx Freight, and Panther are Essential Businesses according to the list found on CISA.gov in the Transportation and Logistics Sector.
- Can I get the virus from my delivery person?
- Freight carriers are following the guidelines set forth by the WHO and CDC to ensure they are taking every measure against the spread of COVID-19.
- Do I still need to sign for packages?
YRC: No. YRC is eliminating pickup and delivery signature requirements per CDC guidelines.
UPS Freight: No. UPS Freight is temporarily suspending the need for a signature. Consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Freight Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process, the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS Freight is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID.
FedEx Freight: No. FedEx Freight is temporarily suspending the need for a signature. The driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that FedEx Freight is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID.
Panther:Panther is temporarily suspending signature requirements. Shipments tendered to Panther no longer require signature on the delivery receipt. Drivers and delivery personnel will log the date, time, and location of delivery. This data log will serve as conclusive proof of delivery. When possible, service Drivers and delivery personnel will also log the name of the receiving individual and take photographs of the delivered shipment. This rule will remain active until Panther determines that social distancing is no longer required.
- Is my freight shipment safe to handle?
- Both the CDC and WHO have stated that the chance of getting the coronavirus from a delivered package is low since the package has travelled and been exposed to a variety of conditions and temperatures. It’s best to take precaution when you can. After handling or receiving freight, be sure to avoid contact with your eyes and face and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Similarly, it is highly unlikely a virus on a wooden crate would survive the trip.
- What about the interior contents? Could the coronavirus still be on that?
- Not likely. According to the CDC, "Although the virus can survive for a short period on some surfaces, it is unlikely to be spread from domestic or international mail, products or packaging."
- Can I have Navis receive and hold my freight shipments until a more convenient time?
- Yes. Call (919) 832-9006 or e-mail us at [email protected] for assistance.
Need a quote? Call us at (919) 832-9006, and we'd be happy to listen and provide a custom solution based on your needs. Thank you for giving Navis the opportunity to earn your trust, and your business.Sincerely,
Bob Gray & Patricia Gray
Raleigh, NC 27610-1367