Grandfather clocks hold a special place in our hearts, especially if they have been in the family for decades. Whether passed down through generations, collected with passion, or proudly displayed in our offices, these timeless pieces not only add elegance to our homes but also carry sentimental value. Cherishing and caring for these heirlooms are not just about preserving the past, but also passing on the legacy to future generations.
Shipping a Grandfather Clock Requires Special Care
Moving day can be a stressful event, especially when it comes to transporting delicate antiques like a grandfather clock. These treasured pieces require special treatment to ensure their safety. To protect your grandfather clock, it is crucial to hire professional movers who specialize in shipping antiques and handling fragile and priceless items.
When it comes to packing and shipping a grandfather clock, specialized care is essential. Andy Ahrens, owner of Navis Pack & Ship of Naples of South Florida, shares the process and shipping services his professionals offer and recommend to ensure your valuable items and clock arrive in perfect condition. From planning to preparing, Navis Pack & Ship is the ultimate solution for all your shipping needs.
How do You Pack and Ship a Grandfather Clock?
Step 1: Navis Onsite Services:
- Navis professionals will meet you at your home or office location.
- Carefully examine your grandfather clock for damage to the exterior, glass elements, and moving parts.
- Inspect the pendulum, so you can recognize its current condition and ensure no additional damage occurs during moving.
- Study the wood case for any preexisting cracks and check for missing fasteners.
- Proper disassembly is key when moving a grandfather clock for safe transport. Depending on its design, your grandfather clock may have glass, shelves, and other decorative pieces that must be removed and packed separately.
- Remove the Glass Panels: If your clock’s glass panels are removable, it’s best to pack them separately.
- Protect any Cables or Chains
- Remove and Label the Clock Weights
- Remove the Pendulum
- Protect the Chime Rods
- Remove the Glass Shelves and Decorative Parts
- Always wear gloves when disassembling weights and pendulum and delicate parts to protect your grandfather clock and avoid oil fingerprints on the weights.
- Safely transport back to warehouse for proper packing.
Step 2: Packing Services Provided at Our Navis Warehouse
- Individually wrap all grandfather clock parts in acid-free paper.
- Next, wrap each part in two layers of large bubble, bubble wrap.
- For added security and stability, we also wrap parts in clear shrink wrap.
Step 3: Custom Crate Services Provided at Our Navis Warehouse
- Place in custom made, foam lined crate with polyethylene foam on the bottom and polystyrene foam on the sides and top.
- Place packaged weights and pendulum in the same crate.
- Ship crate laying down due to height restrictions of truck door.
Step 4: Shipping and Delivery Services
- Navis Pack & Ship provides curbside delivery, ensuring your grandfather clock is safely delivered to its destination.
- White Glove Delivery is available as an added service where we have the grandfather clock brought in the home, set in place and debris removed.
- Upon delivery, we recommend hiring a clockmaker, or a horologist to reassemble and clean the clock and its mechanics for optimal performance in its new home.
Need Help Packing and Shipping Your Grandfather Clock?
If you need help packing and shipping your grandfather clock, look no further! Navis Pack & Ship professionals offer onsite service, coming to your home to expertly pack and ship your valuable clock. No need to worry about transporting delicate and heavy items anymore. With Navis Pack & Ship, you can trust that your grandfather clock will be packed securely and arrive at its destination safely.
About Navis Pack & Ship of Naples, Florida
Navis Pack & Ship of Naples and South Florida is an independently owned and operated business in the expanding Navis network. Navis is the premiere provider of packing and shipping services for difficult-to-ship items in North America. The proprietors of this location - Andy & Wendy Ahrens - are fully certified under Navis' stringent training and operating requirements for packing, shipping, pickup, and delivery of fragile, large, awkward, and valuable goods.
CONTACT: Visit our site at Navis Pack & Ship of Naples and South Florida, to learn more about our services and discuss how we can assist you in transporting your treasured and valuable items.
Andy & Wendy Ahrens
Navis Pack & Ship of Naples & South Florida