If you intend to grow your eCommerce business and expand beyond your borders, shipping from the US to the UK offers some excellent opportunities. The UK has an established and advanced eCommerce market and is among the most commercially engaged customer base. Furthermore, with nearly 98% of the UK population using the internet in 2022, your potential to grow is significant.
However, shipping items from the US to the UK requires strategies that work for you and your business, from understanding your available options to finding an approach that works. To help ease your shipping process from the US to the UK, this guide provides great insights to get you started.
How To Ship from US to UK
Since you are growing your customer base, shipping from the US to the UK offers various benefits to your eCommerce business. But with various international regulations and other factors, several steps are involved when shipping internationally. With that, here is how to send your goods from the US to the UK:
- Determine if you qualify for international shipping: The first step to shipping from the US to the UK is determining if you are eligible to ship items internationally. With different countries having export and import restrictions, you may require specific permits to ship particular goods to the United Kingdom.
- Pick a carrier: Although each international carrier has its limitations, considering delivery time and affordability can help you pick the right international carrier.
- Gather pertinent information: Before printing the label, you need to gather the information that details your item. These include the customer's full name and international address, a list of things you are sending and required customs documents.
- Complete customs: Detailed and consistent description of items you intend to ship reduces customs delays. Once you best describe your package, fill out customs forms and other relevant documents needed to ship your packages.
- Prepare your package for shipping: This involves packaging and weighing your item to facilitate safe travel and prevent damage during transit.
- Create your international shipping label: Once you have all the required information and have procured your packaging, you can create and print the international shipping label. The label entails the recipient's information, including details in your customs form.
- Ship your package: With your label ready, print and place it in a clear baggy, making it visible since it provides information about your package and recipient.
What Carriers Can Ship from US to UK?
Several carriers offer shipping services from the United States to the United Kingdom but differ in service levels for shipping, including transit times and price. USPS is among the top carriers offering flat rates to ship items from the US to the UK. Other carriers who can ship from the US to the UK include:
As an eCommerce retailer, you have a wide range of carriers to ship your items from the US to the UK. Choosing a specific carrier often depends on your preferences and business needs. However, you may consider other factors such as flexibility, reliability and cost when picking a particular carrier to ship your items from the US to the UK.
Trust Navis For All Your International Shipping Needs
Navis Pack & Ship is an excellent choice for all your shipping to the UK needs and can handle a variety of shipping types that all meet international regulations. When you come to us, you won't have to worry about paperwork and regulations since we have the experience to guide you through the whole process and set up a lasting relationship. Some types of international shipping services we offer include:
- International air freight for time-sensitive needs
- Personalized quote for packing and shipping cost
- Declared value coverage depending on your shipment needs
- International forms and documentation management